Plain Faith - Oray-Jay & Irene Eash w/ Tricia Goyer

As soon as you hear the term 'Amish', I'm sure you naturally think of plain-dressed people who drive horse and buggy, as well as generally have no electricity. If you're a city girl like me, that might be the extent of your knowledge. This book, though it is about some one's personal experience, takes you directly into an Amish community and gives you better insight as to their way of life.
I can empathize with the Eash's. I've always believed God is with us always, no matter what clothes we wear, or whether we live in an advanced society or not. I believe God is good, and in turn we are good too. Even if we often sin. Repenting, forgiving, and love is what you replace sin with. As long as you try to be a give person and live with the best intentions God will surely forgive you. The Eash's were unsure if they were living for God, or just living their known way of life. It's only human nature to ask yourself if you are doing the right thing and that really is all they did. Their answers were just different than their family and peers, that didn't mean they stopped believing. I can only imagine how hard it was to leave the Amish for a Christian life. But yet I wonder myself, isn't it the same thing. They both love and praise God, right?!
I appreciate greatly reading their story, though my heart did break for them at times. Still, this is a life story that people should hear.

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2014/07/51-plain-faith-ora-jay-irene-eash-with.html