The Fifth Avenue Trilogy with bonus novella review

Novella: Take Me - Maisey Yates (A prelude)

What a great prelude to the series!
While reading this hot love story, you, at times, feel its reminiscent of Fifty Shades of Grey. While still milder than it, it had hardcore sexual elements other than bondage and role-play.
It was hot! Yeah, I said that already. So it must have been steamy.
Travis and Sydney are a great couple and thankfully got together. Their chemistry is magic and it plays well in the story.
I love the mystery in the series too. It keeps a good pace with the love story.
Great writing from Maisey, and I am looking forward to reading Avenge Me.

Avenge Me - Maisey Yates
A continuation from the novella, Take Me, this one follows Katy and Austin. Now the mystery that started to unfold in the novella is what the story is based around. The mystery is why Katy's sister committed suicide.
The mystery itself is exciting enough, but the steamy, dominating scenes in this story are what capture your attention. I mean how could they not?! I thought once again there were some hardcore sexual elements in this story too. Not for the shy, that's for sure.
Still, I liked the ease of the story and the chemistry of the characters. It was well written and I look forward to more.

Scandalize Me - Caitlin Crews
This book, for me, was not as good as the last one or the novella. For the first over 100 pages, it was this sex-cat-and-mouse-game going on that was good in the beginning but became boring after so long. I was more interested in the story and characters that connected the others I had read. Was karma going to pay the old fart a visit? I had to know and expected this book to hold some answers. Luckily at some point it did, it just took too long to get there.
I'm glad Hunter isn't an asshole for the whole book. I also like that Zoe eventually pulls her head out of her ass. Again, but why did it take so long for both? Ergh!
Together, they both irritated the heck out of me. And yet, they are still somehow made for each other. Odd as that may seem.
I hope the last book is better. The ending was really all I enjoyed of this one.

2/5

Expose Me - Kate Hewitt
I am glad this book was better than the last one. I was worried the series was taking a dive. I was wrong. This book refocused on the story, so all the ties came into it and actually came together. The romance was almost a bonus, since I was so focused on wanting to know what happened with everyone and did things get resolved. This book really did wrap the series up nicely.
Alex Diaz is definitely the hottest hottie in the series for me! I think his character was who I would connect most to in real life, or at least be attracted to. Chelsea was like a broken bird in the beginning, but it was great to watch her mend.
All-in-all it was a decent series. Romance fans that appreciate a touch of suspense will dig this series most.

4/5

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2014/06/the-fifth-avenue-trilogy-tour-with.html