Remember The Time: Protecting Michael Jackson

What a tortured soul Michael Jackson was. We all knew it to some extent, watching from the outside. Though if living his high-profile life, it would be hard not to be tortured in some ways.
I feel like I understand and empathize Michael a lot more. Not only that, but instead of feeling he is a weirdo, or as he was labelled 'whacko', I actually get why he did or said some of the things that happened over the years. What an incredibly hard life he lived. From the start. All while living isolated and sheltered. The ones he was most grateful for turned out to be the ones who hurt him most. As is often the case.
He loved his fans. They did bombard him into that solitary life, but he still appreciated that each and every one of those fans put him in that wonderful spotlight. Imagine, having to watch your children play from a distance, in a truck with blackened windows, or shut down local museums after hours to give your children a taste of normalcy. I can only think it would have been a little hellish.
I cried in real life the day Michael died. I am still stunned today, and sometimes get choked up when I hear certain songs like 'The Earth Song'. I will always be a big fan. I also cried at the end of this book when I had to re-live it again. Bring tissues if you read this one.
I appreciate Bill and Javon keeping the family secrets and still letting us inside a little bit more. They did right by Michael and the kids, which is what they intended, but I'm so glad they told their story. Fan or not this is a great book that gives you a real look at what life was like for the king of pop.

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2014/06/giveaway-43-remember-time-protecting.html