That Night - Chevy Stevens

You might notice I'm a fan of Chevy's already. Like, a huge fan actually. And yet, somehow I am more of a fan now. She is a genius storyteller. Her stories make my spine tingle. They make me look over my shoulder at night, and even disrupt my sleep. She has this way of weaving suspense, thrill and intrigue, it is so vivid that it feels real.
This story was not like the others I have read though. They were more thriller to me, while this had much more suspense. It worked though.
I was pissed it took so long for the characters to reach redemption though. When they finally did though... it was everything I wanted and more.
The surprise shouldn't have surprised me. In afterthought. But it did. I was literally oblivious to seeing it coming due to being so enthralled and submersed in the story.
And F.Y.I.... I will never in a million years warm to Toni's mom. She's just a miserable person. I don't like that in real life or books.
Definitely a new favorite of mine and you can bet I am looking forward to whatever Chevy writes next!

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2014/06/41-that-night-chevy-stevens.html