The Kissing Bridge - Tricia Goyer

Of the three books I have read in the series, this is by far my favorite one. The premise is unlike no other Amish story I have read.
Tricia's books always stir up emotions in me, and have me evaluating my own relationship wit God, but this story had me looking at compassion and judgement in a whole new way. The fact that we all judge people, even the Amish do it, mad me stop a think quite a bit. Rebecca's parents were so harsh and judged her for her wanting a nursing education. They see it as an act towards God. Even though what she was doing and doing it for was good. She also judged herself for her choices. It's automatic to question yourself and your decisions, especially if they are big ones. From the outside looking in, I couldn't see why they got so upset, but it's just their way. It had me question what I act like. Do I quickly judge or prejudge people. Sadly, yes. And probably more than I care to admit.
Then there is this love story. Rebecca and Caleb. The whole world, even the reader knows it is meant to be with them. Thankfully they know too and there is no cat-and-mouse game, just good ole romance.
Another hit from Tricia, read in the series or stand alone. Though I urge you to read the series. They are each wonderful in their own way and carry different values in each.

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2014/04/23-kissing-bridge-tricia-goyer.html