Please Be With Me - Galadrielle Allman

I'm not a die-hard fan of the Allman Brothers, but I know and enjoy a few of their songs. Still, when I saw this book I couldn't resist my curiosity. I knew Duane was the one that had died. Other than he was in the band and passed on, I knew nothing else about him. I didn't even know he had a daughter.
I'm on the fence about this 'memoir'.
Duane died when Galadrielle was 2. At that age, there is not much you remember about anyone or anything. All of her memories consist of outings taken with her mother to concerts and such, or stories through another's experiences. When I was reading the stories she had heard from other people, I wondered how much of the telephone wire game came into play. Somehow little things always change. Over the years people remember things differently too. For me, it was hard to buy into the stories. Even if they were entertaining.
So that's my advice. If you just want to be entertained, and treat it more like fiction, it could be a great story. If you are a lover of personal memoirs, like me, you might be put off by the second-hand accounts too. Then again, maybe not. To each his own, right?!

2.5/5

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2014/02/16-please-be-with-me-galadrielle-allman.html