The Unwelcomed Child - V.C. Andrews

When I first started reading this book, it was right after finishing Flowers In The Attic. So, when I saw this story had a stern, and very religious grandmother in it, I was worried.
This story is so very different from the other. One is suspenseful and one isn't. This story also raised a huge question in me that I am still thinking about now. What would or should a person do if she becomes pregnant as a result of a rape? Do you keep the child, always reminded but praying you will love them anyway? Do you give them up for adoption in hopes of giving them a better life? Or do you abort the pregnancy, killing the memory along with it, if you can? I think that answer is as individual as each one of us. Unless put in that situation, you can't fully fathom what you may or may not do.
I feel for Elle, as a mother and a daughter my heart broke for her. I also started to respect the grandmother though. In this case, she really does mean well by all her stern ways.
This is another good story by V.C Andrews, but not the norm that I am used to. I am used to more suspenseful stories and this felt very contemporary to me. Still, a lot of people will enjoy it.

3.5/5