Uncommon Type: Some Stories by Tom Hanks

— feeling big smile
Uncommon Type: Some Stories - Tom Hanks

A fantastic collection of stories!
I am so happy to have read the stories that come from Tom Hanks' brain. With tales from another time, or about issues from then or now, and even some spark of ingenuity, I was rapt. I do have favorites though. Go See Costas is my top choice. It's a story about life in a new country, and the struggle within language and culture barriers. Quite prolific!
I'm going to share a little part with you all, so you can get a taste of brilliance;

DING! I'm at my so-called desk in the so-called office of Greensheet Give-Away,the free shoppers' guide that once provided the Tri-Cities with oodles of coupons, advertisements, and, in the back pages, local interest stories where regular folks could see their name in print. I was crafting a piece on a dog show just held at the old Civic Auditorium--my pay was fifteen bucks!--when the most beautiful woman who ever started a conversation with me walked by and said, "You type fast." She was right, and since I was the fast type, I wooed her, wed her, and have been her main squeeze for over forty years.

Like, isn't that pretty amazeballs writing?! I know right?!
Definitely get this book. You won't regret it.

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2017/10/uncommon-type-some-stories-by-tom-hanks.html