My Mother's Kitchen by Meera Ekkanath Klein

— feeling big smile
My Mother's Kitchen - Meera Ekkanath Klein

I need more.
So richly deep in culture, one that I felt myself get submersed in, but taken so abruptly at the end that I'm left wondering what happens in America...
This book is a great story about a girl in India who gains much knowledge and wisdom while growing up with strong female presences. Enough so, it may actually bite said presences in the behind later on, but those conclusions you can draw for yourself.
I like Meena. Modern girl or not. She wasn't asking for much, and maybe it's the modern girl in me, but I think they should've gave it to her.
The recipes in the book are Southern Indian Comfort food. I love it, and the smells when it is cooking is indescribably detectable. I made one dish, and can't wait to make more. This is going to be one well worn book before long with the recipes I have saved.
I suggest this book to any who enjoy learning about other cultures, people who love Indian cuisine, or just want a good coming-of-age story.

Visit my site, Freda's Voice, via the source for a photo of the dish I made.

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2016/03/my-mothers-kitchen-by-meera-ekkanath.html