Corked by Kathryn Borel

— feeling sleep
Corked - Kathryn Borel

A strange kind of humor.
I can see why not everyone will enjoy this book or even get it. The jokes are borderline tasteless and strange indeed.
I can't for the life of me figure out if they are European or Canadian. The talk of being in both Franceand Montréal, Canada, but I couldn't tell you where they were born. I think France. Maybe. Her dad did fight in the war for France so...
I was attracted to the cover of this book. Honestly I don't know what I thought I was going to get but I wanted more. Half the time they weren't even talking about the road trip anymore, and when that's what the story is supposed to be about, you get bored.
The daughter and the father both acted like children, a lot. Too much for me. If we knew each other in real life, they would be the kind of people that irk me. Yup, we would not be friends.
So this isn't what I thought it would be, and when it's someone's memoir it's especially disappointing. I love a good 'this is my life' story.
The one thing I did enjoy is when they did touch on vineyard knowledge and wines. Being a wine lover that was what I wanted. Still, I wish the story hadn't wandered so much from it.

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2016/02/corked-by-kathryn-borel-jr-20.html