Going Against The Grain by Nuccia Ardgana

By Nuccia Ardagna Going Against the Grain - Italian Style!: A Gluten-Free Life Guide and Recipe Book for Staying Healt [Paperback] - Nuccia Ardagna
I do not have a reason to eat gluten-free. However, when I do eat gluten-free foods, I feel a difference in how I digest my food. I have always had digestion problems. Some foods just don't sit well or feel extremely heavy in my stomach. Eating less processed, more organic and yes, gluten-free foods have definitely helped. When given an opportunity to try new recipes that are gluten-free, I jumped at it.
Torta di Mele
Ironically, my hubby is Italian, and he also loves cake. It didn't take me very long to figure out what exactly I was going to try making from this cookbook. Apple cake, or Torta Di Mele. This cake is made with gluten-free flour. It is typically a cake that is best served with coffee or espresso. Let me tell you, it was delicious! I didn't know what to expect from gluten-free flour, it was my first time using it to bake, but it really had no different taste than a cake made with regular white flour. Cake always leaves a huge heavy feeling though, and I did notice that didn't happen after eating a slice of this cake. In light of this, I doubt I will use all-purpose white flour again. Knowing I can get the same great taste without the bloating and heaviness is huge! We do eat a lot of cake after all.
This cookbook is fantastic! It explains what gluten is, tells you what the symptoms, which can help you know if you should consult a physician, and gives you great recipes to create that will keep your whole family happy and healthy. I can't wait to cook more from it! I am going to try, Zuppa di Leuticche e Bietola, which is Swiss Chard and Lentil soup. YUM! I highly suggest you get a copy too! Great food without the gluten!

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2015/05/36-going-against-grain-by-nuccia.html