Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel
Better than I thought from the beginning!
The beginning was focused on these actors and what-not, and with all the flipping around in the story, it almost had a Birdman quality to it. I didn't think too highly of that movie, so the start of the book was hard to push through.
I'm so glad I did though. About halfway, the story really picked up speed and all the things that didn't make sense, started to. The pieces starting fitting together nicely.
A couple of times the book was predictable, but for each predictable thing, there was something to blow your mind away too!
It was a little strange in parts, but it worked. Some parts needed that element of strange to really put the reader in the right mood.
The thing that gets me most is how we can all relate to the story in a sense. It's about the aftermath of a plague of sorts. With SARS and Ebola, just to name a couple, we know that this could actually happen. We could all get wiped out by a sickness. That notion helped propel me to read and feel some excitement throughout the story.
This is a good post-apocalyptic novel, told from several viewpoints. Many will enjoy reading it immensely.

3.5/5

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2015/03/19-station-eleven-by-emily-st-john.html