Talon - Julie Kagawa

LOVE!!!!
Who wouldn't love a story about dragons living among humans without their knowledge?! That premise alone spells danger to me, and as a reader, isn't that what you want? Julie Kagawa doesn't disappoint, let me tell ya...
Y'know how sometimes in an epic series, the first book is an introduction of sorts? I feel like that is kind of what happened here. All the while reading, Talon, knowing the next book is titled, Rogue, and learning very early on why the title for the next book, leaves you feeling promised nothing but action and adventure throughout the series. You expect more in the next book, knowing what you know after this book.
Ember is awesome! She is so smart, it's impressive. At first you find her very naive, but that's not the case at all. She is actually a very contemplative character and somewhat reserved, although very inquisitive.
I'm glad Garret didn't do what I thought he would. I was surprised for sure, though in hindsight, I wonder if that was naive of me to think otherwise. The hopeless romantic in me would like to think not though. Oh, I know that sounds cryptic, but when you read it, you'll be like... Aaah, I get it.
The twist ending was not so surprising though. Still, I know what it leads to and I'm excited.
Epic story, go read it!