The Girl She Used To Be - David Cristofano

A deeply emotional read.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't sobbing through the story. No, this story was much more powerful than that.
No one can know what it is like to be in Witness Protection, unless they have been in the program. I always thought it would be like jail. No freedom. Always on the look-out over your shoulder, and this story, Melody's story, drove that notion home for me. She was never happy, not even content. She never settled down, nor was comfortable. That's not what living is about or how life should be. But that was her world.
I liked how real everything felt as the author took us through Melody's story. If asking myself, hypothetically, the same things, I am sure my reaction would be close to hers.
I also really liked the ending. It was bittersweet, and totally unexpected in a romantic way. I would have loved to know what happened to Jonathan in the end, but can live with what we got instead. It shaped things nicely in my mind.

Source: http://www.fredasvoice.com/2015/01/5-girl-she-used-to-be-david-cristofano.html